We are seeking a Ranch Manager to manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of our 550-acre hay, registered cattle, and pecan operation on the border of Coryell and Hamilton Counties. As a hands-on leader, this person will be responsible for the routine maintenance of existing operation and support other agricultural projects as we bring them online (planning a vineyard and a perennial barley operation).
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is a self starter, organized and possesses strong problem solving and supervisory skills. Integrity, and a very strong work ethic are a must. We expect a lot from this manager.
Skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years of successful management experience in ranch maintenance. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and good grades may substitute for the required experience.
- Must be highly organized and have a specialized eye for detail
- Must have demonstrated excellence in cattle care and management
- Self-starter, highly motivated, honest and able to complete projects with limited or no direct supervision.
- Must be able to follow instructions and communicate effectively with support team and ranch owners
- Must be able to operate (perform maintenance is a plus) all landscape and ranch machinery
- Must possess or be able to obtain, within six months of employment, a Political Subdivision Pesticide/Herbicide Applicator’s license issued by the Texas Department of Agriculture.
- Must be literate with the computer and have proficiency with Microsoft office suite of Tools including Word, EXCEL, and email.
This position will manage and direct the following responsibilities planned by property owners:
- Manage herd of Brahman (hands on skills required here) this includes ensuring they stay healthy, breed successfully with calves thriving. Excellent record keeping required.
- Ranch maintenance, to include pastures, fences and trees
- Herbicide application and fertilization of grounds and hay fields
- Oversee the pecan business (we will have contractors doing the actual work)
- Manage the production of the coastal hay
- Coordinate and manage onsite contractors for big projects as needed
- Help with agricultural and technology decisions
- Finding and managing ranch labor.
- Will require manual labor on a regular basis.
We understand the importance of balance and we do our best to be flexible on hours. However, this is a 5 1/2 day a week job. Herd (minimal hours only) need attending on the weekends.
We are looking for someone to grow with our business and who feels responsible for its overall well-being.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary, paid vacation and holiday time and optional on-site housing (after a trial period). Starting pay planned at $55,000 (but could be higher or lower depending on level of experience).
For more information email: [email protected]