Seeking a full-time, live-in couple team to operate and a 1,000+ acre ranch in the Sierra Nevada foothills (Calaveras County, CA). Position is for a couple team and requires active and hands on management style with an established background, knowledge, and skills in livestock, agricultural, hospitality, and mechanical/equipment operation and maintenance. Please note this is NOT an entry level position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Riding, grooming, training, and care 3 horses, small herd of cattle, and small livestock
- Thorough and regular cleaning and maintenance of several homes, pool and hot tubs, gardens and other grounds, ponds, shops, barns, roads, fences, firewood, stock water systems, and flood irrigation systems.
- Management of timber stand improvement and harvest, machinery maintenance and repair, caretaking and purchasing of all ranch supplies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to perform moderate electrical, plumbing, and carpentry tasks.
- Proficiency in operating ranch equipment required.
- Demonstrated ability of excellent management and communication skills.
- Ability and experience in managing multiple tasks and projects in a timely and efficient manner required.
- Aptitude to assist in the hosting and welcoming of diverse guests from all backgrounds is a must.
- Willingness to support owner in use of property during owner and guests frequent and regular presence on on site, including the assistance with guests, grocery shopping, and other tasks related to use and enjoyment of the ranch.
- Ability to perform superb quality housekeeping and maintenance of owner’s house, guest houses, and cottages in a regular and timely manner.
- Ability to provide support to owner with horseback riding and to provide guests with horseback riding instruction as needed.
- Capacity and motivation to efficiently and effectively execute special ranch projects designated by owners as needed.
- Previous ranch management experience required.
Both applicants must have a valid driver’s license as well as clean driving and criminal records with no outstanding warrants. Both applicants must be non-smokers and drug free. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required. Ranch manager couple team will be provided comfortable housing on property, truck for use on ranch business, competitive salary and benefits.
To apply: Send email resume & cover letter with relevant experience, references, photos of previous properties managed and joint expected salary.
Administrative/Operations Jobs, Ag Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Equestrian Ranch Jobs, Equine Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Horseback Riding / Trail Guide Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs, Timber Ranch Jobs