We are looking for a ranch manager at our pre-conditioning operation outside of Pawhuska, OK. The position will not only be responsible for the cattle but the entire ranch and its employees. Extensive knowledge of cattle and cattle health is of course a must but experience in total ranch management, i.e. pasture management, mechanical/welding, equipment operation, record keeping, burning management, fencing, etc. Not afraid of being behind the wheel of a tractor or a weed eater, if needed, all day. Willing to give more experience, just need to have some management experience to start off with.
Experience will determine pay but will have bonuses and pay raises. Housing and all bills paid, plus ranch truck. Families of course are more than welcomed and preferred. Healthcare will be an option after a term of service. We will also allow you to buy calves of your own to have at the ranch for reduced yardage, drug, and feed costs. We want o help everyone who works for us to be successful and to make our ranch successful for years to come.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working with and doctoring sick cattle.
- Background in general herd health, drugs.
- Horse riding/roping experience.
- Horse health/farrier experience a plus.
- Outgoing personality and customer communication skills.
- Be able to manage other employees and create tasks for everyone.
- Be able to anticipate needs of the cattle, employees, and ranch as a whole.
- Equipment operation, tractors, skid steers, welder, fencing tools and others.
- Equipment maintenance and normal mechanical skills, minor repair skills, basic
- welding, etc.
- As would be expected this is a physical position and as with all ranches, a 7-day a week position.
Salary and Benefits:
- Based on experience but starts at the $35k range.
- House with all bills paid
- Company vehicle
- Potential Health insurance stipend after 1 year of employment
- While this is a seven day a week operation, weekends are minimal daily chores like any other ranch.
- Women considered equally
- Verifiable ranch work history.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Someone that is a self-starter and can work with little to no supervision.
- Basic computer and record keeping skills.
- Must have references
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.