The ranch is approximately twenty-five thousand acres, almost all contiguous. It is mainly limestone hills, with seven hundred fifty acres of crop ground that we use for winter and spring grazing and sometimes hay production.
It is mainly a cow calf operation, selling the calves as stockers in the late spring. We do most work using ATVs and UTVs. We rotational graze and presently have over sixty miles of electric fence; eighty miles of old barbed wire fence and thirty miles of waterline, with numerous paddocks.
The ranch has 7 houses, 3 headquarters, and an almost one hundred year old spring fed swimming pool. The majority of the maintenance for the houses and buildings is done "in house".
This requires a broad knowledge of plumbing, electric, HVAC, carpentry, and DIY. The various headquarters have approximately 10 acres of grass to mow and manicure, and trees to maintain, especially following ice storms and high winds, so arborist and landscaping skills are a plus.
See key responsibilities below:
- Cattle: rotational grazing, nutritional requirements; checking, working and processing cows/calves; ultrasound, calving, doctoring; water – water lines, pumps, storage and ponds
- Crop ground: servicing & maintaining machinery, tractors & implements, weed spraying, fertilizer, tillage/ sowing, general crop husbandry, weed, pests, and diseases knowledge
- Wildlife: maintaining high fence; coordinate with lease holders and guests; pig and vermin control
- Houses, structures, grounds: maintain lawns, trees, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and roads
- Fences: electric, barbed wire, and high fence – maintenance and new construction
- Qualifications: Must be able to manage other employees & use office computer
- No smokers or heavy drinkers
Location: Southwest Oklahoma near Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. 25 miles north of Lawton, OK; 85 miles south of Oklahoma City, OK
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info