Ranch Mechanic on a Cow/Calf Operation in Ivanhoe, TX
We have an immediate opening for an individual to do a wide array of ranch work near Bonham, Texas
Candidate needs to be familiar with operation equipment, mechanical capability, cattle feeding knowledge.
Core responsibilities will be mechanical and land care. Will need to manage cattle including sorting, vaccinations, etc. Horses are not used on our operation and cattle are handled on foot or on ATV.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Diagnose, repair and service all ranch equipment and vehicles (tractors, trucks, ATV’s, small equipment, etc.)
- Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments as necessary
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Replace and or repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts
- Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order
- Setup, manage and update preventative maintenance programs for all equipment and vehicles as appropriate
- Record, maintain and track all repairs and services performed on all equipment and vehicles
- Assist with onsite stationary equipment, pumps, agricultural irrigation, plumbing, and sprinkler systems, etc. as needed
- Perform other mechanical duties as needed
- High School diploma, equivalent or post-secondary certification required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience or training in repairing ranch equipment.
- Currently have or is qualified to obtain a Class A non-commercial license to tow ranch trailers
- Knowledge of safe work practices around livestock
- Must have proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older and drug-free
- Clear background check
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
- Strong communication skills
- Work effectively with minimal supervision, self-motivated and self-starter
- Good organizational skills
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Ability to adhere to the organization's policies, procedures and regulations
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden