Wilderness Trails Outfitters
Our season runs from June 1 – mid October.
The kitchen is the heart of our camp. We aim to create cherished memories for our guests and crew, with a focus on meals. We offer healthy, hearty Western meals, served family style. Beef is a staple (we purchase whole cows from a local producer) along with vegetables, salads, and potatoes.
Our camp is off the grid. Our cook tent features a full kitchen including a commercial stove and range. We have running water to the kitchen sinks but it is not heated. Our commissary has plenty of storage for dry goods as well as a commercial fridge and a commercial freezer.
We order groceries from Costco and Sysco. If needed, groceries from town will be picked up for you by managers.
- Supervise the cook’s assistant
- Ensure cleanliness and safety in working, dining, and storage spaces. This includes dishwashing, sweeping, sanitizing, as well as cleaning and organizing the fridge, freezer, and commissary areas.
- Maintaining strict bear safety protocols.
- Prepping and preparing 3 family style meals a day for up to 25 guests and staff. When guests are in camp, dinner will be prepared using the open fire.
- Baking bread, desserts, and cookies.
- Menu planning and inventory management.
- Utilizing leftovers.
- Grocery ordering and inventory management/rotation (supplies and groceries). Coordinate with pack trip cook to order food and supplies for backcountry trips.
- Preparing meals to include special diets as needed.
- Preparing make-ahead meals that can be reheated on your days off or when camp gets very busy.
- Helping wranglers and managers do whatever needs done to ensure guests have a safe and fun experience.
We are a small, tight-knit crew. We work together to care for our guests, our stock, and each other. We cross train so that we can support one another during breaks, days off, or in times of need.
This is not a riding position.
Forward cover letter & resume to our email address.
Visit website: https://www.wildernesstrailsoutfitters.com/
Wyoming Ranch Jobs