Rock Creek Cattle Company
Outdoor Adventures Staff
Reports to Director of Outdoors Adventures
Job Brief: Adventure Guide
Rock Creek is a 30,000 acre private ranch located outside of Deer Lodge, Montana. It is a private members club ranch. We work in the outdoor activities department. The Outdoor Adventures staff is responsible for all activities non golf related including but not limited to: fishing, hiking, UTV excursions, biking, archery, shooting sports (rifles, pistols, archery, and shotgun), paddle sports and all other booked activities. All staff should have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work with a team to ensure that the members and guest receive consistent quality service.
We are hoping to hire someone who is able to work from the end of May until mid-October.
We are responsible for taking members on these activities as their guide. It is up to us to ensure a fun and safe environment on the ranch.
Responsibilities for the position:
- Communicate efficiently and personably with guests and members.
- Communicate efficiently and personably with all staff, to help ensure a cooperative environment.
- Guiding outdoor adventures including: fly-fishing, shooting, biking, hiking, archery shooting, paddle sports, ATV excursions.
- Maintaining and repairing all equipment that will be used for outdoor adventures.
- Responsible for obtaining all releases from members and their guests.
- Supervising and maintaining all areas of the fly shop.
- Initiating projects during slow times, such as: cleaning ATV’s, reorganizing merchandise, maintaining clean and safe work areas, appearance of the shop, researching new products and ideas, organizing equipment.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and policies put forth by the management team.
- Adhere to employee manual and job description.
- Personal appearance, maintaining a clean professional appearance that adheres to the employee handbook.
- Responsible for keeping time cards and hours in a timely manner using a system put in place by the management.
- Must be willing to work a variety of days, evening, holiday and weekend shifts, can expect to work possibly 6 days a week and over 40+ hours a week.
- Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and able to constantly lift, carry, pull or push up to 75 pounds.
- May be required to drive a company vehicle to carry out job duties.
- Leave a note with any important information for the person opening the next morning.
- Basic ranch maintenance (minor fence work, grounds keeping, ensuring a tidy appearance)
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Professional and personal references
- Cell phone
- Flexible schedule and availability (including Holidays and weekends)
- Must represent Rock Creek Cattle Company in a positive and professional manner
- Pay: $12-15 DOE
- Employee housing
- 1 meal per day
- Ranch amenities
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden