Working Farm Manager needed
• Works directly with the ranch manager to implement the goals for day to day operations, farming operations, feeding operations and other duties as assigned.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Skills
• The ability to safely operate and maintain farm and ranch equipment. To include tractors, trucks, trailers, skid steers, mowers, disc, drills, planters, sprayers and other farm equipment. The ability to safely use hand tools, chainsaws and other power tools associated with farm and ranch work.
Maintenance and Repair
• The Ability to maintain, repair and troubleshoot during schedule maintenance and equipment break downs.
• The Ability to be a self starter, to work independently, and to follow instructions both written and verbal.
• The Ability to work with other employees, lessees, contractors and neighbors.
• The Ability to interact with family and guests.
• Maintain a daily log of hours, days worked and brief description of work performed, this log will be turned in at the end of each pay period.
• All Records to include Planting, Herbicide, Fertilizer, Hay Counts, Soil Testing, Etc.
• Record keeping a 5 year protein feed study data analysis.
• Maintain records of wildlife harvest records, Harvest Data and commercial feed study program.
• Responsible for complete farming operation to include, planting, ground preparation, soil testing, herbicide, seed and chemical orders, fertilizing, harvesting, planning and implementation.
• Keeping a current chemical applicator license.
• Responsible for maintaining equipment to include, day to day maintenance, scheduled maintenance, cleaning, repairs and record keeping.
• Responsible for maintaining and filling of all feeders to include protein, cottonseed, corn and milo feeders, keeping all feeders clean and functioning, maintaining consumption records and maintaining the Bulk Bin Volume.
• Maintain floats, water hoses and frost free hydrants at wildlife waters.
• Monitor and upkeep of quail waterers located on quail feeders via water tank.
• Knowledge of noxious plants
• Control of noxious plants.
• Knowledge of control of noxious plants.
• Knowledge of prescribed burn and participation of prescribed burn.
Maintain a current driver license. Obtain and keep current pesticide applicator license. Maintain a daily log of hours, days worked and brief description of work performed, this log will be turned in at the end of each pay period. Required to give a minimum of two weeks notice prior to leaving this job. Physical condition to enable bending, stooping, lifting of heavy objects and working outside in the weather.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden