Looking for an experienced manager for the ranch. Ideally, we would like a couple & the wife can do some light cooking/cleaning. Either live on the property or commute from Smithville/Bastrop. This is not a working ranch – just used for personal use .
- 558 acres
- 20’ish cattle and maybe horses down the road
- Living accommodations either a park RV or free standing house
- Direct the breeding or raising of stock, such as cattle.
- Hire, train, or supervise workers if additional help is needed for a specific project.
- Inspect farm or ranch structures, such as buildings, fences, or roads, ordering repair or maintenance activities, as needed. Construction experience is a plus.
- Monitor pasture or grazing land use to ensure that livestock are properly fed or that conservation methods, such as rotational grazing, are used. Ranch not yet set-up for rotational grazing.
- Negotiate with buyers for the sale, storage, or shipment of crops or livestock.
Other responsibilities include:
- Plan crop activities based on factors such as crop maturity or weather condition
- Prepare budgets or financial reports for farm or ranch operations.
- Select or purchase machinery, equipment, livestock, or supplies, such as seed, feed, fertilizer, or chemicals.
- Supervise the construction of farm or ranch structures, such as buildings, fences, drainage systems, wells, or roads.
- Inspect farm or ranch equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspect orchards or fields to determine crop maturity or condition or to detect disease or insect infestation.
- Monitor and adjust irrigation systems to distribute water according to crop needs and to avoid wasting water.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden