Minnesota Native Landscapes
Minnesota Native Landscapes, a leader in ecological restoration, is looking for a Grazing Manager to head up all Grazing operations. This is a year-round, benefits eligible position based out of our Foley, MN location.
The Grazing Manager is responsible for the overall performance and management of the company’s Grazing department. As the company’s chief grazing strategist and planner, develops overall grazing services to ensure that the department attains its grazing utilization and profitability goals. On behalf of the company, serves as a critical proponent of the concept of utilizing grazing as an effective vegetation management tool in all markets served. Works with our markets’ relevant livestock communities to establish the company and our production operations as a source of collaboration for mutual benefit. Develops and expands food chain supply opportunities by providing marketable, sustainably raised meat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Director of Services to develop and produce results for the Grazing department that are consistent with the growth strategies of the company. This includes:
- – – Developing and agreeing on growth and performance expectations.
- – – Developing individual performance goals for yourself and the Grazing department employees.
- – – Strategizing with key employees.
- – – Monitoring departmental performance.
- – – Compiling and reporting real-time progress to leadership.
- Monitors and oversees the daily function of the department to ensure maximum financial, quality and safety performance.
- Develops and maintains a system of data collection and data analysis, which effectively evaluates the financial performance of the Grazing department.
- Ensures that departmental structure and needs are met to achieve desired outcomes.
- Implements a functional meeting cadence with supervisors and direct reports, pursuant to the company’s goals and objectives.
- Oversees departmental assets and to ensure that the department is suitably outfitted for operations.
- Maintains responsibility for the proper execution of the department’s invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general fiscal transactions.
- Ensures the safe and humane treatment of livestock involved in the company’s Grazing program.
- Initiates and facilitates the commerce, including procedures and related communications, of the Grazing department pursuant to determined goals.
- Maintains high-level, constructive relationships with clientele and other livestock industry members.
- Continuously pursues the Grazing department’s goal of changing the country’s net-importer status of lamb meat by 2030, through the development and promotion of the Grazing department’s philosophies and undertakings.
- Serves as a member of the company’s Management Leadership Team, as well as the conduit of information between the Grazing department and the company Senior Leadership Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Range Management, Sustainable Agriculture or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in Livestock, Range Management or Regenerative Agriculture.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- A passion for the ability to impact the national agricultural systems by producing high quality meat proteins while serving valuable ecological functions.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Basic computer knowledge, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A passion for the company’s mission to “Heal the Earth”.
- Demonstrated success with living the company’s values of passion for the mission, positivity, excellence and innovation.
- Must be able to work outdoors performing physical work for prolonged periods of time in varying weather conditions, including extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of time standing.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, reach and move as needed in order to complete various production duties.
- Able to work long hours, including early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekends.
- Able to travel daily to various worksites within the state with possible overnight stays.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Utilizes basic office equipment, including phones, copy machines, printers and fax machines.
To apply, visit link here: https://mnnativelandscapes.isolvedhire.com/jobs/215532-103710.html
Minnesota Native Landscapes, Inc. (MNL) was founded in 1998 as an Ecological Restoration company that specializes in the preservation and restoration of native plant communities throughout Minnesota and the Midwest. Our dedicated staff has experience designing, installing, and maintaining native ecosystems for: government entities, corporate campuses, energy providers and distributers, and the general public. In addition to our extensive service offerings, we also produce a wide variety of native plants and seed. MNL operates out of three locations in Minnesota, with our headquarters just off I-94 in Otsego. For more information, please visit our website at www.mnnativelandscapes.com. Join us in our mission to heal the earth by positively impacting 10 million acres by 2030!