We are looking for individuals to join our kitchen team starting in March. Rankin Ranch is located in central California at the southern end of the Sierra Nevadas. Our kitchen team prepares meals for guests and ranch staff feeding up to 60 people three meals each day. The kitchen team is comprised of a cook, prep cook/platter maker, waiter/server, and dishwasher. Guests enjoy our hearty ranch style meals.
Teamwork is key to the success of our kitchen. We are looking for an individual with culinary experience. Being hospitality minded and a strong communicator are key. The ability to work well with team members and guest is important. Having a strong interest in continuing the tradition of preparing excellent meals for our guest and ranch family is a must. Our guest return rate is 60%+ and they love coming back to their favorite ranch dishes each year along with a few new recipes to keep things exciting. We pride ourselves on hiring individuals who love their job and work environment.
The primary position that we are looking to fill is the cook. We are also accepting applications for prep cook/platter maker, waiter/server, and dishwasher.
Cook Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Preparing meals for up to 60 people. This includes cooking meats (BBQ and oven), casseroles, making gravy and sauces, preparing side dishes (vegetables, rice, etc.), baking breads and desserts.
- Preparing ingredients for future meals.
- Assisting other kitchen team members with maintaining a clean work space.
- Serving guests.
- Following all health and safety guidelines
- Proven working experience as a cook
- Familiarity with kitchen equipment and utensils
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Current Serve Safe Food Handlers Certification
- Starting wage … Hourly wage $14 (overtime $21/hr)
- Tips – Guests contribute to a tip fund which is divided between all ranch staff. This usually equates to several more dollars per hour.
- Meals provided while working (breakfast and lunch).
- Limited housing available for out of area staff.
- Space available for RV, motor home, or other living quarters with hookups.
This position would begin in March 2022. We are a seasonal business that is open from early March to mid October annually.
We are willing to consider husband/wife teams. We have available positions in housekeeping, groundskeeping, wrangling, and on our kitchen team.
To apply: Please forward your resume to our email address and request an application.
More About Rankin Ranch
The Quarter Circle U Rankin Ranch is truly a well-kept secret, located deep in the Tehachapi Mountains. It has been a working cattle ranch since 1863, and the Rankin family still raises White Face Hereford cattle just as their ancestors did 150 years ago. Guests travel from across the United States and around the world to visit this guest ranch. They enjoy the fact that it is a “real” working ranch, and are fascinated with its century old history. Many guests emphasize the importance of the “family” atmosphere; meeting and visiting with Rankin family members is routine as they all live right on the ranch…4th, 5th and 6th generations. “Western hospitality” is part of the package!
The ranch offers an all-inclusive experience – lodging; three full meals; horseback rides; and all the ranch activities. Our home cooked meals and friendly staff has created an atmosphere that many guest compare to “returning home to grandmas.” One of the favorite activities at the ranch has always been the horseback riding. We have both adult and children rides (riding starts at age six) which explore our meadows, Walker’s Basin Creek, and mountain ridges overlooking our beautiful little valley. Our wonderful supervised children’s program offers organized activities for ages 4 – 11 throughout the day. Parents and grandparents especially appreciate the children’s program! Other ranch activities include shuffleboard, ping pong, swimming, hiking, fishing (trout stocked pond), and planned evening activities. We have a large recreation room with a pool table and games.
The Rankin Family is dedicated to the success of the ranch, but we cannot do it alone. We have a team of approximately 25 dedicated individuals who help provide these wonderful experiences for our guests. Some live in the local area and others move to the ranch for their seasonal positions.
Visit website here: https://www.rankinranch.com/
All Ranch Jobs, Cook / Chef Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Summer Ranch Jobs, Wait Staff / Kitchen Staff Jobs, Wrangler Jobs