Hereford Ranch of Lemmon, SD is looking for a reliable, motivated, honest, individual who is eager to participate in our farm/ranch operation.
- Assisting in calving out livestock
- Livestock handling (low stress handling)
- Loading and unloading livestock
- Assisting in preparations for AI yearling heifers.
- Fencing (repair & build)
- Moving livestock (with use of 4-wheeler)
- Animal health (checking, diagnosing, treatment, preventative vaccinations)
- Livestock feeding (Rations, health, minerals)
- Hauling cattle to grass
- Livestock documentation/record keeping
- Operating equipment necessary for daily chores
- Driving Tractors and Equipment
- Maintaining the equipment
- Repairing equipment
- Cleaning yards
- Building panels
You will be working closely with the owners of the ranch to learn all daily aspects of the industry. Some work will be required on Sat/Sunday and nights (during calving), however we remain approachable on flexibility.
- Have reliable vehicle to get to/from work
- Housing (we will assist in helping find housing but it is employees responsibility to complete in securing the housing)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong work ethic, great attitude and willingness to work in any weather condition (must have appropriate clothing, such as coveralls, boots, hat, gloves, coat, etc)
- Able to lift 50 lbs regularly and 100+ lbs occasionally.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden