Seco Valley Ranch
December 2020 – January 2021
Seco Valley Ranch is a purebred Texas Longhorn cattle operation implementing holistic management practices including conservation pasture management. The ranch is certified Grassfed by American Grassfed Association, is Certified Bird Friendly by the Audubon Conservation Ranching Program and is a partner in the Savory Institute Texas Hub, Grassfed Sustainability Group.
The ranch is actively engaged in brush clearing using a skid steer loader with tree shear and attachments.
Ranch practices include Grassfed beef production, planned pasture rotation, low stress livestock husbandry practices, wildlife conservation and seedstock marketing of annual heifer crop. There also is a Guest cabin on the ranch that will occasionally be rented.
We are looking for a full-time skid steer operator/ranch foreman. This is not a short-term, temporary, position. Employee will live on the ranch and be involved with all aspects of the ranch operations including: the primary brush clearing operation, wellbeing of the cow herd, maintenance of fences, watering system, ranch buildings, and cattle working facilities. Employee will be responsible for ranch security and upkeep of owner’s property when the owner is away from the ranch.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate, maintain and repair of skid steer, attachments.
- Operate, maintain and repair of JD 4020 tractor, ranch truck and 4-wheeler.
- Be proficient with ranch welding and fabrication.
- Repair, maintain and build ranch fencing.
- Be proficient in general carpentry.
- Understanding of low-stress livestock handling.
- Assist with sorting of cattle as needed to tag, vaccinate and castrate calves.
- Upkeep and maintenance of watering and plumbing systems, buildings, pens, cattle working facilities.
- Care and feeding of owner’s household pets when owner is traveling and away from the ranch.
- Routine checking on the wellbeing of the cow herd.
- Cattle hauling, sorting and pasture moving as necessary.
- Fluent in English.
- Computer literacy
- Understanding of Holistic Management and planed grazing techniques
- Understanding of Grassfed beef production and methods
Compensation & Housing
- Annual salary $40K-$50K based on experience and qualifications.
- Housing with utilities and internet is provided: includes a fenced yard, covered deck, kennels and horse stalls.
- Ranch truck is provided for ranch duties.
- Polaris 4-wheeler for on ranch use.
- Will reimburse medical insurance cost above $200/month.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Visit their website here: https://www.dwdlonghorns.com/
Email Address Hidden