[FILLED] TWR Ranger – Maintenance Worker Needed
The Wilderness Reserve
$12.50/hr -$15/hr BOE
Job Title: TWR Ranger (Maintenance Worker)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Field Operations Manager
Location: The Wilderness Reserve (Phelps, Wisconsin)
ABOUT THE WILDERNESS RESERVE:
The Wilderness Reserve is a pristine hunting preserve that sits on the borders of Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. With 5,500 acres of forests, marshes, and fields; The Wilderness Reserve provides hunters with a challenging natural environment for their Trophy Elk, Whitetail Deer, and Upland Bird hunts.
A TWR Ranger will successfully performs tasks pertaining to the day-to-day maintenance and operation of The Wilderness Reserve. Tasks range from animal care to facility maintenance and require a broad range of skills.
• Fence construction, repair and maintenance (temp electric, building permanent electric, fixing existing fences)
• Spraying weeds
• Repairs and maintenance, as needed, to equipment and structures
• Drive trucks, tractors, ATVs and other equipment to complete various tasks around property
• Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. snowplowing, lawn care, trail grooming…)
• Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (garage, shop, butcher room, cabins, lodge…)
• Assist in predator control when needed
• Assist in animal care when needed
• Assist in animal feeding and watering when requested
• Assist in the movement of animals between pens
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to completion of the tenth grade; plus, one year of experience in building maintenance, repair/construction trade and/or farm/ranch hand experience.
• Work experience in residential or commercial property maintenance, or other building maintenance
• Prior experience working on a ranch or farm and around wild animals and/or livestock.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair general maintenance repairs
• Basic carpentry skills
• Basic mechanical skills
• Ability to use and maintain general maintenance equipment
• Ability to communicate clearly in both verbally and written form
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Detail oriented self-starter
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong desire for continued growth and learning
While the ideal candidate would have on the ground experience in all these things, we primarily value good energy, open-mindedness and work ethic.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate clearly and concisely. Applicants must be physically capable of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, climbing, and lifting at least 60 pounds. Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license; must be able to work in all weather conditions.
• $12.50 – $15.00 based on experience
How to Apply